I wrote most of this on November 4, 2019. I thought it would be ready to post in two days, so I stopped doing anything else on my blog until I should have posted. Unfortunately 2 days turned into 3 months as I would tinker with it off and on, and then get sidetracked with other projects. For a two day article, I like it, but three months is overkill. It would be interesting to re-write this article in light of the recent virus epidemic, but enough is enough.
After watching that video, how do you feel about these verses?
“The Lord said, “Behold, they are one people, and they all have the same language. And this is what they began to do, and now nothing which they purpose to do will be impossible for them. Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, so that they will not understand one another’s speech.” (Genesis 11:6-7)
I have had nothing but positive feelings toward those verses for a long time now.
But only today did I catch “And this is what they began to do.” Can you see it? “Here they are with all this ability and THIS is what they choose to do with it.” Evidently it was an ominous indication of how we would be using our abilities in the future.
What was so heinous about building a tower? Is God threatened by skyscrapers and technology?
Nothing's wrong with towers, except that only four generations back when they got off the boat, “God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, 'Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth'” (Genesis 9:1) and in the number of generations that it took Shem's son (born 2 years after the flood) to become a great-grandfather, society was off to the dogs again and saying, “'... OTHERWISE we will be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth.” (Genesis 11:4)
In other words, God said, “Scatter,” and only 4 generations later they are saying, “Don't scatter.” In 4 generations, they have reversed the command.
And can you imagine the tyranny that would have been required to keep themselves from scattering? Thank God he broke up that dictatorship.
“This is what they've chosen to do with their abilities? Let's get them separated up for a few thousand years so they can't destroy themselves completely, at least until they're smart enough to invent Google Translate and instantaneous communications, and the Cultural Revolution on steroids.”
If you don't know what the first Cultural Revolution was, read these 2 books:
* Fox Butterfield's China, Alive in the Bitter Sea
* Jung Chang's Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China (which you can read here at Library Genesis.)
That is what would have had to occur to keep people from escaping the Tower of Babel. In the Tower of Babel incident God was for scattering and freedom, and man was not.
But I'm not trying to paint God as a Luddite. Throughout the Bible it is God who is for life and knowledge, and Satan who is for death and ignorance.
God didn't dumb humans down at the Tower of Babel, he just got them loosened up and spreading in all directions. If you knew there was someone interested in killing off the human race, like the Devil, wouldn't you have done the same?
Obviously, God has faith in the human race surviving until he comes again. He designed us, so he knows what we're capable of. And since he knows the future, he knows all the twists and turns we'll make to the end of our story. And because he is God, he can and will stop anything that gets too close to ending us. Earth is not an experiment for him but a testing ground for you, for God to see who loves the truth.
.. For this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.” (Jesus, Gospel of John 18:37)
and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.(2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 NASB)
Do you think I've missed something in the Tower of Babel story? Comment below.
So how does it help you to know all this?
1. You will have a more accurate picture of the world around you.
2. You will be more aware of what's at stake in your obedience or disobedience to the will of God.
3. You will know more about the pros and cons of microchipping.
4. Life is not boring, is it?
5. Now you can appreciate a boring life.
6. Pretend like the whole world got un-microchipped last month. Are you happy now? Have you thanked God for the freedoms you do have?
7. Now you can teach your kids not to grow up and inflict microchipping on others!
8. The web links are great for teaching your kids reading, vocabulary, spelling, discussion and writing what they would do to help make the world a better place.
9. The video in this article makes for exciting social studies! (English teachers take note.)
10. When children learn stuff young, it doesn't shatter them when they're older.
I once shared a news headline with a 13-year-old boy and he said his elementary school teacher had already told them that stuff 3 years ago. When I asked if the news had bothered him, he shrugged.
11. If someday your company asks you to microchip, have you made yourself indispensable to your company, or kept other jobs going on the side, so that you can afford to say no, and vote with your feet, sending a message that makes companies think twice about demanding certain things of their employees and giving others the room to say no as well? Preparing for freedom and making use of your freedom makes those around you freer as well, which in turn makes your own freedom more certain.
Are you raising your kids to be psychologically prepared and equipped with the skills that will allow them to say no as well?
12. What if airlines eventually decide to demand microchipping before you can travel? Some child out there who doesn't know his “limits” may have already begun equipping himself to start his own airline to allow people to circumvent this requirement. If enough children are made aware of the problem they will feel more purpose in their studies and come up with solutions in time for the future.
What can you add to the list of things to prevent or get around this situation and make the world a better place? Comment below.
Other stuff on the net that sparked this post:
It’s Spreading: Now the British Media Is Pushing Microchipping In The UK 
Thousands Are VOLUNTEERING to Be MICROCHIPPED in Sweden: Can the Rest of the World Be Far Behind? 
Why People Will Happily Line Up to be Microchipped Like Dogs